View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 01:29 AM   #21
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

When we worry about someone and don't want to see them get into the wrong crowd... it hurts us that much more because it's not uncommon to think may be I could have stopped it or should have intervened... if there is a component of excessive responsibility or blame with this loss then it would help to talk to a therapist. The same goes for the other ones if there is self-blame.

One of the things with grief is that we often do block it... say I help an old lady in the store and it reminds me of someone... I think now is not the time... unfortunately there is never a perfect time for tears. Grief can come on like a storm out of the blue. Everything might be great... weather is good, feet up, kids playing... then suddenly it strikes.

Talking is a part of healing so sharing your thoughts above is a great start... acknowledging the losses... describing your relationship... good and bad memories. You have to allow yourself to feel without blocking as much as possible. The more you block the harder it will be.

Imagine it this way when you have a moment to yourself... say your best buddy poured his heart out to you... he said he had suffered multiple losses... looked at you vacantly... what would you say to him?

Check in. Is any of your grief incomplete?
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/b...complete-grief

In conclusion, multiple losses... it's like having a messy room you need to tidy. Where do you start? Many things are out of place so... take it a memory at a time or a person at a time... whatever comes. It's not about I should grieve for her first or him last... just as it comes... go through your belongings and put them in their place in the room. The messy room represents our scattered head and fragmented memories. When we don't talk about them or write them down then they get tossed into a corner and the room stays messy. Eventually you cannot move and then shut the room... a visitor comes over but you never let them in that room... you put your back to the door and tell them there is nothing in there... you walk past the door in the morning and sometimes even check the door is locked. Your job is to be inside that room and keep working on it.

May be worth a read:
https://www.victoriahospice.org/site...icultGrief.pdf
Appreciate 0