11-28-2020, 04:19 AM   #7
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerbuster2 View Post
I took up the warranty option when my third year anniversary passed, it was the premium package no excess option for the £550.

Always a gamble, but if your going to stick with your main agent to do repairs etc then the £550 will cover just about four hours labour in any given 12monthly period plus I think I got MOT cover as well. I did first check with the workshop controller at my dealership and he suggested the premier package as it basically mirrored the normal first three years warranty.

Under that warranty I had front wishbones replaced and head unit replaced. Good idea would be to get some feedback from forum members as to what's failed with them and then cost these failures up.

As a check on the warranties cost versus paying myself, I did enquire after collecting my vehicle after one repair what cost I would have had to pay and was told £x, which was almost two thirds of the premium I had paid. Interestingly I discovered the warranty company only pay a % of this.

I didn't find the X1 the most reliable vehicle so for me the BMW warranty was a no brainer.
That says it all. Being just 2 months old, I will not be needing it yet,but when it does I will be doing the same.
I took out the warranty on my 2013 F25 X3 xDrive 30d MSport some years ago. I did it for 2 years. When I sold the car, because I had not claimed, I got a pro-rata refund less a small admin fee.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 11-28-2020 at 07:11 AM..
Appreciate 0