View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #9
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Yes you can enable extended Bluetooth, but only if you have the combox in the trunk. Do you?

You can't just code in BMW Apps, adding it also requires an FSC code that you have to purchase.

Things change if you have the option for the new nav (NBT) because the combox is built into the head unit. There are so many regional differences that it difficult to make any kind of absolute statement anymore. I don't have any experience with the new NBT based cars.

I have coded 2 F30's to enable extended Bluetooth. You simply change 6NH to 6NK in the FA and VO code the HU_CIC and CMB_MEDIA ECUs.
I have a euro F31 with 6NH, no nav or apps, how can I find out if I have the 6NK combox these canadian guys were talking about? Does "combox in trunk" apply here as well meaning 6NH combox is always in the trunk, with or without nav or NBT or whatever you said....? If so tell me where to look and what to look for

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0