04-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #52
carve29
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2003 M3, 2012 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Enthusiast Auto has built an amazing niche off finding every clean niche BMW car, scooping it up at low or reasonable prices, making sure it's completely ready to roll for a modest investment, and then marking it up substantially with their name behind it. I almost bought a super clean e39 m5 off them a few years ago and Kind of wished I had - the one I wound up buying for ~$6k less wound up being alot rougher around the edges than I would have liked.

But putting all that aside, this is a different order of magnitude of what they are offering and you ALWAYS ask as high as possible to start on these types of cars. How many e39s and e46s are there with this mileage and condition in the U.S.? Maybe 1-2 a year come on the market.

They are simply pricing accordingly. To put this into context, Porsche 993 twin turbos well used are now going for these prices....and "brand new" ones in similar shape are going for >$200k and being snapped up.

This is not the enthusiast market anymore - this is the rich-people-who-like-automotive-art-market. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
WELL SAID. Cars like this are so rare. If someone with a bunch of cash wants to swing his dick around town and say they bought this car, let em'.
Appreciate 0