05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #17
M II
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
KWs are not made iin taiwan. They are made in Germany. The Koni are single adjustable the KWs are double adjustable. The KWs don't come with camber plates but they are quiter, ride better than the Koni on the street. The Koni do have linear springs and have the option of spring choice but the KWs can be converted to liner springs.

The KWs are built using a Shaker Rig and testing on cars in germany. The Koni are basically built with data from other cars and customer feedback.

Shorter springs make the ride on the Z4M harsh because the already short stroke gets even shorter and you end up riding the bump stops. That's why there are no aftermaket shocks for the car. You need a coilover setup to make the ride better when the car is lowered. Aftermarket shocks with OEM struts will still be harsh.

Your cheapest option is the H&R coilovers or you can just put the stock springs back on.
KW suspension pieces are HIGH QUALITY.

They're currently used in various organized racing circles and one that really comes to mind is the ALMS M3 GTR cars. The M3 teams switched over from Koni to KW. So it speaks of their quality and where they're used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubble88 View Post
maybe its just the V1's that are made in Tiawan.
Konis do make a double adjustable and they can be rebuilt at many locations around the US.
Doenst really matter if your not competing. but go with Koni anyhow
All KW coilovers are made in Germany. This includes the Variant 1 models. They also feature stainless steel construction to ensure corrosion-free, long-lasting performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfine88 View Post
If you want to lower the car and have a ride quality that is less harsh than stock, I would keep a look out for a used set of KW V3 coilovers. I found that The ride quality and performance were greatly improved with this kit.

The struts have 18 dampening adjustments and 4 full turns of bump adjustment in increments of .25 turn. Basically you can dial the kit in for you needs very easily.

I started with spings, but found that by the time you get the right struts to match your springs, you will be very close to a nice set of coilovers.

Good Luck
I personally would rather go with a new set of coilovers because it's been QC'd and I know that the dampers will be perfect condition when installed. You'd be surprised at how many people actually damage their coilovers abusing them on the roads.
Appreciate 0