View Single Post
      04-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #51
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Looks really nice. I think people that post that the X1 as uninspiring should drive other SUV's of similar size like those from Honda, Infiniti, Kia, Hyundai, Acura, Mercedes, Mazda, base Jag and even Lexus UX series, then comment. I modded my interior a bit and added tweeters and a sub in the back with an active EQ, a cover over the open bin under the arm rest (EBAY $20!) which is contoured and looks factory. The Canadian version of this car had different options than those sold in the US. For one thing we have French as an option in digital cluster and KMs instead of MPH. I had the ECU reprogrammed for all sorts of things from LEDs (by doing this you avoid issues) and all sorts of features found in other Bimmers and turbo mod including a BMS intake. Our roads are bad here in Montreal and have a sports cars for summer driving and would never drop this vehicle. Your bigger wheels and lower profile tires would be too harsh for our crevice, crack and pot holed roads up here, not too mention winter driving over speed bumps. Your Bimmer looks awesome. I would like to see some pictures of your interior too when you have a chance. Mine was sitting on a lot and was ordered by the dealership so I had to add a few things inside and out. I also added LED fogs bulbs and LEDs in the back. Mine came with the LED headlight package. I did notice something odd about these vehicles: 1. The inside front lights don't actually work...just the halos even though there's a ballast cover under the hood. 2. If you look closely at the rear lights on the tailgate you will notice on each side a pair of bulbs. They're there but they have no function. I put on the headlights, the high beams, the turns, the emergency flashers, the brakes and they don't work. In the manual it says that there's no light there if you have the front LED package so why include bulbs. In Europe, UK and other places they have a switch for rear fogs and that's what I suspect these are for. I even checked with Bimmercode and found out that you can program these to light up even if you don't have the switch. Oh and one other thing. I love the rear tints however in Canada you're not allowed to tint the fronts. Something to do with law enforcement officers needing to see you clearly. Your plates get tagged and if you have them you get a 48 hour warning and are forced to removed them. It costs $$ to take it to a special inspection garage where you wait hours in line waiting for your turn for them to check it even after you've removed it. They use a light meter to check it and certify it and then they send something to the database to clear it. If you're caught tinting it again it's a huge fine!

Last edited by Xorbitman; 04-29-2020 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0