View Single Post
      06-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #14
mywifestolemy1
Private
Rep
Drives:

We'll see....

I picked up my 135 and its new fuel pump today. The car has been flawless so far. Apparently the ecu readout is fault-free now. I feel as if the car is getting better fuel delivery than it was before this all happened, but that could very well just be psychological -- probably is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmicj View Post
This may not be the same issue, but my old 318 used to have the same issue occasionally and it had to do with the Mass Air Flow sensor.

Basically, if I were to start my car up after sitting for a while (or over night) and move it like 3ft, shut it off and start it again, the "check engine" would come on and the car would be in "limp mode" until I either drove it around the block for a while or turned it off and let it sit for a little while longer.

I learned from an old E36 board posting that the DME (computer) needs time to take an accurate air/temp reading. If you interupt that process (starting the car and quickly cutting it off) it doesn't take an accurate measurment. When you do give the DME and Mass Air Flow sensor time to communicate, all is well.

Just thinking that maybe your problem is actually Air Sensor related and not fuel pump related.

Does anyone know if you can do the self diagnostic test with the 1 series?
Appreciate 0