View Single Post
      12-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
F1 drama is at near full intensity and the season's not begun yet.

It's becoming clear USF1 won't have top tier drivers, my hopes of seeing our underdog run with the overdogs are dimming. BUT, if last year's performance by Brawn is any indication USF1 may have everyone fooled....or not. All I know it's going to be a fantastic season to watch.

Quote:
F1: Windsor Says USF1 Will Be Ready
Written by: SPEED Staff
SPEEDtv.com
12/22/2009
Charlotte, NC

USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor has responded to comments from Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone implying that the American based team won’t be on next year’s grid.
For the second time in as many months, USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor (Right) has been forced to respond to remarks, this time from Bernie Ecclestone (Left), that the team won't be on next years grid. (Photo: LAT Photographic) » More Photos

According to the London based Times the sport's 79-year-old chief executive was referring to Campos and USF1 when he made the comments.

"I think the people we expected to perform will and those that we thought wouldn't, won't," Ecclestone was quoted as saying.

But in a report from BBC Sport, Windsor said the team will indeed be ready.

"I'm surprised Bernie said that,” Windsor, a former SPEED analyst said. “We will be there. We're in good shape."

"Everything is going well and we are looking forward to the year," Windsor added. "We've just finished the chassis and are now in the hands of (engine suppliers) Cosworth."

As for drivers, Windsor said the fact that the other new teams have at least one confirmed driver, while the team he co-owns with Ken Anderson doesn’t, is no cause for concern.

"We are trying to find the best drivers we can; there's no
rush," said Windsor. ”However, there will be a moment when we announce the drivers at the factory and that will be some time towards late January."

This marks the second time in as many months that Windsor has been forced to deny rumors about the teams preparation. In November, Windsor had to respond to comments from Ross Brawn who seemed to imply the team wouldn't be ready.

Meanwhile, the engine supplier for USF1 didn’t indicate there were any problems.

Cosworth commercial director Mark Gallagher told BBC Sport that the five teams they supply, the four new ones including USF1 along with Williams, were at different stages in their development and all seemed to be on pace for next season.

"We've been working with the four new teams for six months and have only seen signs that they are preparing for F1," Gallagher said. "There is no indication that operationally there are any issues."
Appreciate 0