View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #30
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

So I had two e39 5ers. The first a 540 and the last a 530 sport stick. The 530 was just sublime. The 6 cylinder car felt SO much more nimble than the 8.

It’s funny. I’m currently waiting to take delivery of an M340. My last three cars have been M3’s. All sticks.

The M340 just felt so right to me, and it’s the first bmw in a long string that felt balanced, smooth and a perfect blend of sport and comfort. My guess is the new 3 is about the same size of the e39 5. The B58 6 is a beautiful engine. Time will tell but I’m looking forward to this car. It’s relatively light, has great power to weight ratio and it looks nice save the silly looking front grill.

Side note about older cars. I have a well sorted Porsche 993. The car is very ‘analog’ for lack of a better word. The air cooled Porsche is a beautiful driving car. The smooth pull, the beautiful sound, the perfect gearbox, the steering that communicates *exactly* what the front wheels are doing. After spending a weekend in the Porsche my ‘17 competition package M3 feels ‘digital’.... almost like driving an appliance by comparison. The M is much faster, but no where near as good. Honestly it’s not even close.

I know there are a lot of computers in the m340. It’s going to be an interesting 3 years. Looking forward to not going black white or silver. My next car is tanzanite blue.

Last edited by NewM3driver; 02-26-2020 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0