View Single Post
      05-17-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
halfeatenwaffles
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i

Recall Details

Thanks for posting this! Here are the details additional details provided on the recall. Currently in a stop-sale on an X1 due to this recall.
-------------

Non-Compliance Recall 19V-xyz
B-Pillar Occupant Protection (FMVSS 201)
Model Year 2016-2019
BMW X1 SAV
Last Update: 05/03/2019

Q1. Which BMW models in the US are potentially affected by this Non-Compliance
Recall?

Approximately 106,182 Model Year 2016-2019 BMW X1 SAV vehicles, produced between
March 2015 and May 2019, are potentially affected.

Q2. What is the specific issue?
A measured value at one B-pillar target exceeded the legal limit for FMVSS 201 Occupant
protection in interior impact.

Q3. What can happen as a result of this issue?
This could increase the risk of injury to the vehicle occupants.

Q4. Why are other vehicles not included in this Non-Compliance Recall?
Other models are compliant with FMVSS 201 “Occupant protection in interior impact”.

Q5. Can I continue to drive my vehicle?
Yes. However, when you receive a letter requesting you to make an appointment to have this
Non-Compliance Recall performed by an authorized BMW center, please do so as soon as
possible. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers of this
important information.

Q6. Can I determine if this issue exists in my vehicle?
No. This can only be determined through proper inspection at an authorized BMW center.

Q7. How did BMW become aware of the issue?
BMW became aware of the issue through our quality control procedures.

Q8. How will I be informed of this Non-Compliance Recall?
You will receive a letter in July via First Class mail advising you of this recall. You will receive
another letter when the recall is ready to be performed. At that time, you should immediately
schedule an appointment with an authorized BMW center to have this recall performed. You can
locate your nearest authorized BMW center at www.bmwusa.com/dealers.
To ensure BMW has the most recent contact and vehicle information, owners should register
their vehicle at www.bmwusa.com/myBMW. Registration is free, and will give them access to
factory initiated campaigns and other information specific to their BMW.

Q9. How will my vehicle be repaired?
The repair is still being determined.

Q10. How long will the repair take?
Once the repair has been determined, the repair time will be known. The repair will be performed
for free by your authorized BMW center.

Q11. Do I have to wait for my letter to have my vehicle serviced?
Yes. We are in the process of implementing this Non-Compliance Recall to ensure that the
necessary parts, tools, and procedures are available, prior to contacting you to schedule your
vehicle to have this Non-Compliance Recall performed. For the latest updates to this recall,
please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall.
Appreciate 1
Forgiven121.50