View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 12:09 PM   #86
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

I recently had a test drive of the Jaguar i-Pace launch edition. Standing beside it, my overriding impression was that it reminded me of the X2 I had also recently test driven. Looking at the pictures of the Red interior, if the X2 had a leather dash option, it would compete with the Jag's all-leather, which I thought was Bentleyesque. Except for the typical electric car zero RPM torque, it drove the same, as well. I liked both, for what they are: long hatchbacks with a little more ground clearance and easier for my old joints to get into than a 3-series.

Having owned a Porsche 991.1 C2S, which I sold after 4 years, I know that one needs to add 20% to the base number to get a Porsche you want out the door. The Porsche resale, unless you have gone crazy with the options, is better than a BMW. The Porsche residuals are so low, compared even with BMW's revised residuals, that one really should buy rather than lease. The Macan is a small SUV, where the X2 is an extended hatch, whose looks I like better.

I'll consider an X2 M35i when my 330e lease tolls in 2020 and get one if the deal is right.
Appreciate 0