MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg101 View Post
Fellow Bimmerers,

After a long thought and getting finances organised () we have booked our BMW X1 (xLine 2D, Petrol). I had some general questions and was hoping to get some answers, specially from some of my Indian friends.

Mud flaps - Are they recommended? Since this is not stock fitted and comes as an accessory in India - I was thinking if it is worth spending the extra $$. Everything in India is at least 20% costlier due to the taxes. For e.g. The car on-road with 5y BSI+ and 5y Warranty came to about 60K US.

2. Floor Mats - Any recommendation on the type? Or the one that the dealer is suggesting from their shop are the best?

3. Advanced car eye - OK - so I was very keen on having the front sensors, but since this doesn't seem to be an option (and if I have it fitted outside, it "may" void the warranty) - I was thinking about a dashcam to somewhat serve the purpose. But as it seems, the Advanced eye does not have a screen for real time showing. Any suggestions there?

Wireless charger - The dealer is giving it super expensive and while it is not a deal breaker, I may just buy one from Amazon if I absolutely need it.

Do you suggest upgrading the wheels to 18"? The stock one comes with 17".The dealer suggested that he can upgrade it for a price.

Any other suggestions?

Some details:
Car arrives end of this month - blue with beige interiors, 2021 make, petrol, xline, from Deutsche Motors in India.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
PG
Hi and welcome to the forum, my views in response to your comments;
1. Mudflaps are not std but easily bought, both genuine and aftermarket. Front flaps can protect your bodywork (side of car) rear flaps can protect someone else’s windscreen. I had front flaps fitted.
2.all weather mats are excellent, I always fit them. The genuine BMW ones are worth the extra, the lip around the edge keeps dirt in place. After 3 years, the carpet underneath the mats still looked new. People with children (prams /buggies) or who just use the boot/trunk a lot also value an all weather boot liner.
3.BMW car eye is overpriced and many report poor performance, a good dash cam is worth considering. ACC on X1 has mixed feedback, some people are happy, other report constant problems due to single KAFAS camera and no radar.
4.cannot argue, retrofitting a wireless pad is easy.
5. I was happy with 18” wheels but upgrading from 17” is not essential, if roads are bad with potholes then the higher profile tyre you can fit, the better. I found a plug type repair kit the lightest and easiest to use option.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAIKEHIGH-H...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Finally, the two retrofits I valued the most were fitting a reversing camera (android plug and play kit) and upgrading 6.5” display to 8.8” (bought used from eBay). Lots of info on this forum.

Last edited by MJE60; 01-19-2021 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0