Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
Installed the latest firmware and set DWP to 70. The drive seemed pleasant with no issues in the errands and distance I drove today.
Yeah sometimes I like map 1 better , I know map 2 is a little faster but these Aisin tranys are only rated for like 355ftlb/480nm ftlb torque so not sure how much over that we can go befor 1 of 2 things happen . Ecu automatically limits the powers to the tranny there by pulling timing ( which may already be happening ) or by premature wearing the torque converter out ... thoughts
Tremec rated the t56 at only 500tq and a ton of us have been sending 900+ at them for years in corvettes and other cars with the same trans. Keeping the fluid clean and cool is key. I highly doubt this trans will break at these power levels. Look how much power people are sending though the zf in the Supra without changing anything.
I know the ZF transmission is strong and has proven itself , but I haven't seen much data to say that the
Aisin transmission is this car the " 8G45AW"

Can handle above it's rated 480nm torque .

Blown do you info from the dealer on this tranny as to what it can be pushed .
They don't give us any technical information. BMW doesn't believe in rebuilding transmissions. We go as far as the valve body assembly. After that. Replace with new unit and send back. If it's anything like most bmw drivetrain stuff it will handle at least 50% more than rated for.
Appreciate 0