///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
I never denied that the Model 3 can't hit about 3.2s. Why do you keep replying to me with 0-60 times?

The M5 competition is cheaper than the Model S P100D, has a 0-60 of 2.8s, costs about the same, and is faster than the P100D in the 1/4 mile. I'd say straight line performance is about equivalent with Tesla slightly ahead at slow speeds and the M5/M5C ahead at higher speeds. We know the track performance of the M5C is nearly at supercar level, too. The Tesla is more of a stop-light race novelty. The M5 is FAR more luxurious, sounds a lot better, and IMO is just a far better looking car. All for significantly less money. So what advantage does the P100D have again exactly?

In the future, I'll buy electric cars and I'll like it. But for now, there's no compelling reason to go electric if the best we can get are Teslas. They're good cars, but I like all-around cars. There's no problem if you buy cars based on 0-60 times, but that's just not the most important aspect of a car to me. That's why I'm excited to see how the Taycans and the i4s of the car world will end up. Maybe they sacrifice some low speed acceleration, but gain a lot more in quality and dynamics.
The M5 with eMotor assist would nail low 2's.

Great times ahead.