avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Really? What model year and build M5 do you have? Do you have the SIB for this?

About 4 months ago I read through the bulletin about this, and BMW stated that lighting intensity would vary from model to model and from vehicle to vehicle. They also stated that no fix would be forthcoming and instructed dealers to not warranty or replace any parts related to the issue.

Do the B&O accent light settings in the iDrive now change the lighting intensity?

There must be a fix at some level because I noticed a huge difference in B&O lighting brightness on my 2014 compared with my 2013 M5.

The only question is whether its software or hardware.
Yeah I always expected them to fix the issue on future builds. But from the wording the in SIB, current owners were SOL and BMW dealers were prohibited from swapping parts.

I just sat in a 2014 S Class to spec a S63 out. The accent lighting in that car is ridiculous. The whole car is on another level, it might as well be called a maybach. Anyways it had me thinking that it would be nice to have my B&O illuminated. This thread gives me hope.