View Single Post
      08-25-2021, 10:46 PM   #7
adamsmog
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2 m35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Well other than the JB4.. drop in filters don't seem to do anything plus or minus either. It is still debateable about the jb4 cone intake, as only one person tried it. He didn't see any issues, but when I made my own similar one a year before it caused the JB4 and the car to not like the airflow. The supersprint mid pipe also seemed to increase the boost by itself, so it may be throwing the jb4 around for a loop as well.

I suppose if you put all together WITHOUT any type of tuning/piggyback it might be ok. Jb4 to me still seems to be the best option (because of the logging and failsafe, and being able to adjust things) I myself am having no issues running it on map2 with a higher boost failsafe in Boston. (Just to reference climate and humidity is both hot, humid, and at sea level).

LOVE the storm grey, and it's also cool you can get gloss black wheels from the dealer as an option (it certainly wasn't in 2019). I still am loving the car, and even though it is certainly down on power compared to my e60 n54, for 99% of the time it is punchier and lighter.... just lacking steam on the highway pulls at maybe 70mph upwards. But honestly, when do I ever really get to use that.. not much.

It had good punch down low. But It definitely doesn’t have the grunt of the inline 6 n55 but I am only zipping Around town

Did you do the mid pipe with stock down pipe and back box? How was the sound and can you share you view on exhaust tone after the mod? Worth it ?
Appreciate 0