View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #124
Wolfus Aurelius
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i (gold/cream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
I had a discussion about cupholders in cars at my companies Munich office lunchroom once. The consensus was that Germans considered eating or drinking in one's automobile totally abhorrent and that German car makers only even included such horrid things as cupholders for Americans.

The cupholders in my E46 330Ci are under the center armrest.
The basic Euro idea about cupholders was, you stop at a cafe, drink your espresso, then get out on the autobahn and drive like hell. MB didn't put them in cars in the '80s. I never missed 'em.

I haven't had the BMW for long enough to get into any trouble. However:

1) Drove a W123 Euro-model MB coupe at 100 on a string-straight county road, well-paved and banked, in southern Colorado. Everything was going fine until I came over a slight rise and saw the sign:

WATCH FOR BISON ON ROAD

In any contest between a car and a bison, guess who'll win. I slowed down quick.

2) Received "special" attentions, shall we say, from my then-wife, the redheaded sociopath, in the back seat of my Mercury while we were parked one night . . . in the parking lot of the local sheriff's office. She swore the deputies never checked the lot, and I guess she was right. (The hot ones, they say, are always crazy.)
Appreciate 0