Thread: Android Auto
View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 11:51 PM   #10
Movnmik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

After combing through several sites, Avin, 4x4CA and AliExpress..I decided to go with the Avin BAVF48-1025. I added the 1920 screen, CarPlay/AA. There aren't many 1920 SnapD HUs which was fortunate for me or I would have agonized over this for a much longer time. I compared it to the unit from carnavi https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302...c00uphZ0W&mp=1 and seemed to have everything I wanted but didn't have to deal with customs, long ass shipping/hanlding and trying to haggle the price down..they are not very responsive to any of my communications via Aliexpress. So I translated that to poor service after I buy the unit. The 4x4shopca unit seemed to have similar specs but it cost about $40 more so I chose Avin.

I did look at the MMI box and was about to place an order as it had the benefit of having CarPlay and AA both being wireless.The HU I chose doesn't have wireless AA but is touch interface and I valued the touch interface as well as the other capabilities over the MMI box.

I should get it in by next Wednesday and it will take me some time to get it installed. Once I do I'll try to share some pics and thoughts about the unit.

Last edited by Movnmik; 06-04-2020 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: Add detail
Appreciate 0