MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammit View Post
Mo@BMWofFairfax - can you tell us if you got this information from a reliable source?

The official BMW line up until now has been no support for AA and no plans.

The official reason given for no AA support has included concerns about privacy of data held by Google.
But frankly this is a case of BMW being more concerned about itself than concerned about their customers.

BMW does not officially monitor or respond to social media channels like this - they have no interest in connecting with their customers in this way or responding to what actual customers want.....
Ze Germans are actually pretty consistently uptight about privacy matters. I know it seems quaint in this day and age when Alexa and Chrome are sitting there literally listening to every word you say ... but they have gone as far as replace Microsoft Windows in entire towns due to privacy concerns.

I get that if that's the ecosystem you're invested in, can be pretty damn annoying, but I honestly take them at their word that it's German privacy concerns not any animus against Google - other than the fact that they've created an ecosystem that slurps down so much user info.
Appreciate 0