E92Mthusiast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, ferrari F360

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
L-R, in order of least to most personal importance:

1. Battery-operated Skagen Titanium. Sometimes you just need a "grab-and go" watch.

2. Seiko Prospex Samurai (Automatic) on a NATO strap. I've had it down to 220' on a Japanese WWII wreck so far, as I actually use it as my dive watch.

3. Sinn 856 UTC (Automatic). My "work" watch-- I keep the inner time zone on GMT/UTC/Zulu time-- that comes in handy pushing a jet around. (All military and commercial aircraft base everything on GMT to avoid any confusion with time zones.)

4. Rolex Submariner on a woven Everest strap (Automatic). My wife got this for me as a combination "50th Birthday/10th Wedding Anniversary/Captain's Upgrade" present.

5. Glycine Airman (Automatic). My father bought and wore this while flying Caribou's in Viet-Nam and then continued to wear it for the rest of his aviation career, until he gifted it to me when I graduated Pilot Training. I wore it during every conflict I flew in for over 25 years (Gulf War I, Gulf War II, OIF, OEF, etc.)

While reading this, i'm wearing my vintage glycine airman (circa late 60's) that was my grandfathers. He was a commercial pilot for decades. Pretty cool you have a similar watch passed down to you as well.
'08 E90 M3- AW 6spd/Slicktop, '23 M340-SSG on black w/ blue stitching, '22 Nissan frontier Pro4x (daily), '83 Porsche 944 Guards/Black 5 spd, '02 Porsche 911tt Track car, Lotus Emira 1st edition, V6, 6 spd ON ORDER
Appreciate 0