View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
We've had this discussion previously — Tire Rotation for FWD? https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1582306

It's a little contentious!

Long story short, I favour the view that, with modern AWD vehicles — especially FWD-biased — with a full suite of modern stability and traction aids, it makes better sense to fit new tyres (if only changing a pair) to the front, driving axle. The "best to the rear" tends to be based on an historical view and doesn't reflect modern driver aids. Just my 2¢
Oh cool, that thread didn't come up in my search. I love good debates on controversial topics like possibly obsolete advice that continues to live on. Thanks for linking it.

The X1 is my second FWD based AWD car. I rotate tires to get the most out of them and that typically means putting the better tire in the front. Since the tires are only on for 5-7 months (I have dedicated winter set) and I don't drive very far they never end up more than 1/32 from each other. This way I always drive with a balanced car and buy tires in sets of four.
Appreciate 1
ttimbo280.00