Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie8888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnchiang View Post
the black grill also work great with X-line.
Looks awesome. Great job! Can you provide steps on how you removed the OEM grille?
If you don't mind breaking some clips, here are the steps I took:

Don't bother taking front bumper off, literally no access to stick your arm through there, however, a long enough tool (flathead) might work with some patience, but I didn't want to deal with this hassle, so i put bumper on and went this route knowing i'm hanging the old grille in my garage wall, so I don't mind any broken clips

There is the rubber cover around the grille that can be moved away enough to get your fingers in there to un-clip the sides & bottom - I started on passenger side with the side clip. Once I got that un-done, I went one-by-one on the lower clips as they can be accessed by prying down on the rubber & sticking your finger down there to un-clip - once all bottoms and sides were done (make sure to apply pressure on grille when you pull so they don't go back into place), this is where a flathead may work (if you want to save clips), but I just yanked on the a few times & the top clips came out, well, 1/3 (two broke)

I basically followed the same steps on the driver side grille & a cpl top clips broke, but new kidney grille has been installed & looks great!

I might do the lower r/l grille inserts to the glossy version, but happy with this mod
Attached Images

Appreciate 0