View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 04:13 AM   #150
jamessfarnell
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 SDrive18D 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwforlife? View Post
I used your guide and it worked! Minor difference in my car were 3 cables going to the arm rest for a cell phone docking accessory. It was a lot of work to get to that little spring. I wish I could just buy a new spring rather than adjust the broken one. I hope it doesn’t break again. It took me a long time to do everything, but it will be much faster if I have to go back in again. What a pain for a tiny little spring!

An improvement to your guide would be with your step 10 on removing the gear selector unit. All you gotta do is turn the unit over and align the gear to line up the semi-round clip to the hole at the bottom. Once aligned you need to push the semi-round clip through from the bottom using a small screwdriver like the jeweler’s flathead. I hope that helps others attempting this.

Another minor improvement would be to move the passenger seat prior to disengaging the battery for the second item of step 4.

Thanks again, James!
Thanks for the feedback - glad it helped!

PS - I dont have power seats, so moving the seat after battery was not an issue for my car.
Appreciate 0