View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #23
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
First, BMW's explanation that there's too may different Android phone manufacturers and standards, etc ... is just bullshit. Android Auto is the standard, and there is no differentiation between Samsung's or Google's or Motorola's or LG's or Blackberry's implementation of it. AA is AA is AA is AA.

Second, I don't buy the affluence argument in the least. Android has a substantial market share. No one is asking BMW to support BBOS or Windows Phone here. Android has a substantial market share among the target demographics for BMW cars.

Third, this is now a deal breaker for me on my next car. BMW has no single car in its current offerings that is compellingly better than others in the marketplace. I will not buy another car that does not support Android Auto.
Couldn't agree more. I'm dealing with the misery of Toyota's Entune 3.0 system on my recent new car. On my 135i, I've bypassed the need for Android Auto by installing the capability to mirror my Android phone's A/V to my iDrive screen. Doing it this way isn't perfect but works really well overall.
Appreciate 0