View Single Post
      03-11-2024, 09:49 PM   #35
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
In the end, the EPA andany other govt agencies main drive now is to further their own headcount and agendas to push their headcounts higher.
I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff. The EPA headcount over the last 10 years has been generally stagnant, and/or shrinking depending on the year. Trump gutted it by essentially handcuffing them, that too caused many to voluntarily leave. Most EPA employees are not tree huggers and are down to earth and realists. I deal with them daily and I have good friends that work there, many of which are car enthusiasts, SCCA racers, etc.

EPA isn't out take away your car mods. They have been clued into a big industry where tuners, aftermarket companies, and shops are modifying road cars to run without emissions controls and pass emissions by turning off sensors and such. They are trying to send a message to the industry as a whole. I would be very nervous if I was a tuner though, especially the guys at BM3 and MHD. They think they're protected by being overseas, but I'm certain EPA will be going after them and any others that offer defeat software.
RugbyBro7604.50