View Single Post
      06-28-2022, 12:01 AM   #107
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Just look at the posts from people actually trying to help you. It's a fucking essay. You need people who's only job is to help you manage this cluster fuck and then it's gonna cost you $10k-$20k apparently. Sorry, but if you need a vacation to recover from your vacation that's a job... a job YOU have to pay for the privilege to perform. I remember the last time we were at Disney which was probably right before covid maybe Jan 2020 (thats probably while the Disney hate is fresh on my mind). I had forgotten what a horrific place it was and got some resident deal that was fairly cheap. I think it was like $60/day or something, but they always have gotchas like you are forced to buy X number of days, non refundable you gotta pay like $25 for parking etc. Anyways I recall it took about an hour from the time we got into the parking lot to the time we were actually in the park. Plus we already had tickets, if we had to wait in the ticket line I'm sure it would have been 1.5 hours or more.

Now... there are pleeeenty of people who like doing weird shit I don't personally understand, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to see what's wrong with going to Disney. I'm sure there are people who plan it for years and have researched all the special tricks or what not to optimally maximize their Disney experience. I'm just not that guy, I also don't have kids so I can afford to not be that guy. My planning typically involves looking online the week before I want to go somewhere. In 2019 we spent 5 months traveling all over the country without a single place booked more than a couple of days in advanced.

Also I don't believe it has always been like this. I remember going way back in the day and it wasn't that expensive or that crowded. I have vague memories as a teen going to Disney or maybe Universal and there being so few people we would just ride the same rides over and over again because there was literally no line.

Also a lot of the rides, at least at Disney, have not aged well or been updated in decades. Then the couple of new cool rides you actually want to go on are nearly impossible to get on.
I have to agree. The experienced Disney poster recommended you plan meals 6 months ahead, read a Disney forum, wake up before 7am to plan your day etc.

This is madness. They should be paying you to go.
Appreciate 0