06-16-2020, 07:26 AM   #19
johnnyredgtr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_1979 View Post
Awesome, you're going to love them!

I debated doing another thread on the front bumper removal, but just didn't have the time. I'll try to point out a few things that might be helpful.

The first step is to remove the trim around the wheels. In order to do this, you have to drill out the plastic rivets. Using a small drill, go right through the center. This will allow the front of the rivet to fall off. After the entire trim piece is removed, you'll be able to fish around and find the back of the rivets that fell inside. Sounds extreme but it's really not. This will be the only part of the process that's a little tricky. Keep in mind you'll have to pick up some replacement plastic rivets when you're done. No biggie.

After that it's really just a matter of working your way around and removing all the screws/bolts attaching the front bumper cover to the vehicle. Will be a big help having a second person to help pull the bumper off as it's pretty big and awkward for one person. I didn't bother removing all the wiring and separating the entire bumper cover, just pulled it forward and sat it on a dolly.

For the headlights themselves, there's 4 bolts you'll need to remove. Three are clearly visible, one is located underneath the headlight, you'll locate this coming in from the rear of the headlight housing. That one's a little tricky but once the cover's off and you look at the bottom of the headlight, you'll see exactly where it's mounted.

Once you get that far, the rest will be a breeze. Get the new headlight into place and get the 4 bolts snug, but not tight. Enough play in them to make adjustments. Once it's positioned how you like it, tighten the bolts. Reverse your process putting the bumper cover back on.

All of it is completely doable by anyone with a set of sockets and a screwdriver. Bring some patience and do it on a day with some nice weather, it's a fun project and nothing back-breaking involved.

Here's a video that I found helpful going in just to get my head wrapped around the location of the bolts.

Awesome, thanks, very very helpfull. I will begin my project soon. I received my led headlights on Monday.
Really apreciate it. I will take some pics and let you know.
Thank you