09-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #368
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22
As funny as these posts are I stopped reading after Page 7 so sorry for any duplication :

1) personal trainers or gym employees whose sole purpose is to hit on members of the opposite sex. Okay I get that you feel confident in your physique but kindly GTFO or have some level of professionalism about what you do.
I've seen in the last 15 years or so maybe 2 PT's that genuinely wanted to help and gave useful advice.

Also more generally about PT's :

NO i don't want to see you flirt with that girl just because shes a newbie and this gym is apparently your territory

NO i don't appreciate you lurking around with the other PT's like some weird testosterone filled gang checking out and judging people, go do your fkin job

NO i don't want to hire you for your personal service because time and again, you prove you just like hurting people not helping them achieve their goals

2) People who read books whilst doing cardio - usually but not always obese people and women. I'm overweight myself, hence getting my ass back in the gym, but come on seriously? Are you that devoid of motivation and unable to make an effort that you're actually reading on the treadmill? Break a sweat or GTFO

3) As above but people who are on their phones talking. Why bother coming to the gym at all?

4) Guys who make no attempt to dry off in the shower then turn the locker room into a river of post shower sweat and water

5) Going into a sauna/steam room that's been occupied for a little too long by a bunch of old guys reeking of desperation just waiting for a girl... Any girl.. Any being with breasts to walk in so they can practise their dad jokes and relive their youth.

6) teens that hog the weights area in groups, with alpha male leading the pack and the others gazing lovingly into his eyes and pecs telling him "good lift brah", usually wear super loose vest tops that show their pidgeon chests, those stupid baseball caps and use terms like swole, yolo and swag

7) Angry big guy. Okay we all have a bad day and come to the gym to vent but seriously, stop grunting like a murderer on heat, stop throwing the weights down like you're a WWE superstar and don't use your size to intimidate others into letting you use the dumb bells you need just because you want them right now
Re: 2. Reading. I don't do this but if people can read on a treadmill because it is damn boring, more power to them. Let overweight people do what they gotta do to get them to the gym
Appreciate 1