01-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #2
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
I happen to drive a 2019 X2M35. I personally love the car. I am an older gentleman with various aches and pains. I came out of 2013 335 stick before this one. I had driven almost exclusively stick shifts when they were available. Quick run down of some of my cars so you get perspective of what I have driven which is the basis for my opinion 1977 Firebird (first new car) 350 engine auto. 78Celica GT (first stick) some family type cars (all stick Mrs. Rounderman is cool that way) Saab 900s (first European, 1993 Acura Legacy GT coupe, 96 Volvo S70 T5 (the go fast version) 2003 Saab 9-3 another couple Acura TSX and then the BMWs.

generally I like cars that go fast, handle well, I like the European ride better than Japanese but I was happy enough with those cars .

What I love about this car is performance and handling ( I drive almost exclusively in sport mode with adaptive suspension). I don't track the car I have done autocross once and a 1/2 day M road day at a track.

I have no illusions about my skill. To me the car hits all the sweet spots, fast, handles well, hint of practicality, ride height is better than a sedan for my old back, decent gas mileage(mid 30s on the highway when I behave) and has been pretty trouble free. I find it comfortable at 5'11" 202 pounds

What I don't like, is no android auto, I did not opt for CarPlay and Mrs. Rounderman is very unhappy it doesn't have blind spot warning. I also like the HUD. My lease was up last May and I did not hesitate to buy it out. This is one of my favorite cars ever and possibly number 1 (I am old and forget stuff)

I would recommend the car since you have owned other BMWs and understand they aren't cheap to maintain regardless of where it gets done.

Did I mention heated seats and steering wheel, really like them as well and I have the sport seats in magma red, I find comfortable on road trips even with my bad back.

God luck and good hunting, let us know what you decide

Last edited by rounderman; 01-31-2023 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 2