01-19-2021, 07:03 AM   #65
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
What and where are you shipping your stuff from?

I work for a shipping company so maybe I can be of assistance.
Kentucky actually. Shipping itself isnt an issue (although UPS/FedEx have been horrible as of late) but more of a bandwidth / supply chain limitation within the greater organization and this type of product. Its slowly being resolved but that can't come soon enough in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSooFast View Post
My concern here is that the f48 chasis does not appear to be one of their priorities, and that has me worried as there's no longer a safety net to call Steve if there are any issues. Products which arrive too soon or too late always have me concerned.

I'm strongly looking at if I should go with Supersprint like others on this forum. It's a favourable option, possibly cheaper and can I can get it installed now.
The X1 does not have the clout in sales as say an M2 or an M3 or any number of other more performance minded models so I guess in that sense you are correct in saying its not a priority. However, development is done so getting it to market and recouping our investment is a major priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
I'd go with super sprint or one of the aliexpress knockoffs, on the e82 forum (I haven't gotten my x1 yet) there was a guy who has the SS and Ali express one and said they were more or less identical except for the logo, but otherwise the piping and welds looked like the cams from the same factory which they probably do.

Dinan makes great stuff but I always found it a bit Too pricey compared to others. And I really wouldn't want to sit around waiting for an exhaust that may come out In 6 months or a year and ultimately the difference In performance between the dinan and SS comparing axle back to axle back will simply be aesthetic or acoustic, I don't think there's any performance to be had there. If it was a full exhaustto full exhaust comparison, again I really don't think there would be much difference in performance between them.

If you've heard other X1s and found an exhaust sound you like, I'd say go with that one
Looking at SS, the price point is similar although it appears the main difference will be the Dinan system will be valved whereas the SS is not. You are correct though in that there will be little to no difference in performance between any of these exhausts unless the DP is also changed. Even that, on a 4 cylinder, is going to be of minimal power gain. Exhausts nowadays should always be treated as a sound only modification in my estimation (and aesthetics to a lesser degree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlouiserose View Post
Just picked up a 2016 X1. The dinan chip and intake are on the way. I can't wait to get the exhaust...are we looking at a Q1 release!?
From the information I have currently, yes. Product meeting this afternoon so there may be some new additional information garnered from that though.
Appreciate 1