View Single Post
      12-24-2020, 05:55 PM   #18
CalAcacian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Likely for my next car. I assume I'll keep my 18 M2 for another 6-8 years and then be done. That has been my plan since I purchased this car. I wanted one last great expression of a gas car as a DD. Plus, given the current rate of advancement of EV tech, I wanted to wait a little longer to adopt.

The other cars in my household are a Model 3 dual motor (2020) and a Volvo XC90 T8 (2020). Both are charged off of 220 volt plug in the garage, and both are great cars. When I want to go skiing or take long drive, say up to the Bay Area, either of those are more attractive to me than my M2.

I will miss the noise of the M2, but in 6-8 years there will be no very little else compelling about the vehicle compared to the Teslas or other performance EVs available. They will be faster, with a significantly lower CG, they will have reduced environmental costs, they will be cleaner to run, they will require vastly less maintenance and be infinitely more reliable (no charge pipe issues or crank hub failures for sure).

I intend to still have a gas car as a track toy, but as a commuter and even a weekend driver, a performance EV will be just fine.
Appreciate 0