rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmotorrad46 View Post
thanks for the answers

Dealer asks for $880, private BMW mechanic asks for $830 and Brakes on Demand (they come by to replace your brakes in your place) asks for $525 with Zimmermann Rotors and Akebono brake pads including the wear sensor.

Private BMW dealer's quote includes brake fluid flush - I'm not sure if I need to do it.
Since you're in Boston (USA) I can easily say.. FCP euro has this exact kit:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...hoCT-kQAvD_BwE

So for $300 and shipping Brakes on Demand is really only making $200 labor off of you which is very fair (and I mean cheap). You didn't mention what your independent mechanic was including, only that the dealer might be including. Also you didn't mention a FULL brake job, or just a Front brake job. As skyline put it.. brake fluid flush is timed in the idrive for once every 2 years. A bit of overkill if you just daily drive your car, but if the brakes are done with only 22K miles on it you might be having that premature brake wear everyone is talking about. My wife's X1 is still on it's stock pads close to 40K on it. Others have managed to negotiate with dealers saying that's pretty premature.. your car is under warranty for like 4 yrs 50K, normally it's not a coverable item, but if it's wearing "too fast" you might get something or at least a heavy discount from the dealer. $880 in Boston I would think it's only a front brake job and a brake flush if they did mention it. Prices from the dealer are pretty steep..

Last edited by rice_rocket88; 10-07-2020 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0