CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
This is a subject you know more about than me, but I thought the Superflow AWD dyno had this capability?

http://www.superflow.com/Dynamometer...is/880_awd.php

SuperFlow’s® Road Simulation Technology(RST) utilizes heavy-duty differentials and a steel drive shaft to synchronize the front and rear roll speeds along with eddy-current brakes to accurately load vehicles according to their inertia, aerodynamic losses and rolling losses.
What I read in this sentence is that because all four wheels are rotated, the dyno factors the entire vehicle inertia when establishing power.

I am not saying that this dyno is less good than others. It simply read differently. I am just saying that the number obtained on this dyno cannot be compared with a 2WD dyno. For instance, if you compare the numbers the E92 put down on the same dyno on the same day, there still is a significant difference between the F8X and the E9X.

Goes back to the statement I have been making since the beginning: absolute wheel power numbers obtained on chassis dynos are pretty much meaningless.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-21-2014 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0