12-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #10
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Costco is my go to shopping for wine and liquors. Total Wine is the second as the closest one to me is around 15 miles away (Costco is only 2 miles). Costco carries decent wine selection IMO, but they may not be cheapest for wine.

I am the only drinker at home so I would finish a bottle in around 3 days.

You are right about the humidity. Here is the dessert, it is not so much of an issue and I store the cases in a dark room so I have not been willingly wanting to invest into another fridge.

Do you have a recommendation of a wine fridge under $600?
I do not have a recommendation, but suggest you check with Wine Enthusiast. The sell a number of fridges in a wide array of prices and sizes and have people who may be able to make a recommendation. As an FYI none seem to store as many bottles as advertised because bottles are non-standard sized.

I actually worry more about the heat than humidity. Heat ruins wine and actually corks can dry out in low humidity. Not really much of an issue if buying and drinking or storing for only a short period. But if storing for a few years, it is best to keep temp below 70 degrees and temp / humidity as stable as possible.

I try to order direct from wineries and have deliveries in cooler months, but you can’t do that with everything. I have also ordered online from Benchmark Wine and to a much lesser degree, Wine.com. Also shop locally at Costco and Total Wine but I also worry about their storage for other than fast selling wines.