MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfran View Post
Hi folks!
This is my first post. I need some help to try to code my multimedia system (I have a 4/2016 X1 with pro navigator).
The first issue is the different volume level switching from radio to all other source (the radio volume is louder than other).
The second issue is due to the fact that the volume is lowered when the engine restart after a STOP&GO.
To check the two issue is very simple. For the first you can try. For the second you can set the volume to the max, and use STOP&GO. When the engine stop the volume stay high, but when the engine restart, the volume is reduced to 2/3. The volume is not changed when the engine is not started from STOP&GO.
I ask to my dealer, and the reply was that are no solution for the first issue, and the second is a head unit protection.

Is possible to resolve this issues with coding?

Tanks in advance and excuse for my bad English
Hello
With issue one you can reduce difference between radio and other input volume levels. If you are using a phone and Bluetooth, set your phone volume level to maximum. If you are using a usb stick then you can record or remix your digital music tracks to a higher volume level using audacity or other mixing tools.

With issue 2, yes you can code the “restart” audio volume level to a different volume, if I remember correctly the default code is 25% and it can be increased. The quickest and easiest way to do it is to is to use bimmercode app in ordinary easy mode, in HU NBT section there is option - Change maximum volume at start up” - select and choose level you want. I cannot comment on whether you will damage HU if you set it too high, it is your responsibility. If you want to use bimmercode I recommend iOS version rather than android and I recommend “ vgate pro bluetooth obd dongle” - read my bimmercode two top tips thread to reduce risk of mistakes/problems.
To make changes using E-sys, I have not done this coding myself so have not put details in my cheat sheet but if you search, say, “bmw coding audio volume level” you will find posts and there will be fdl coding details. I have seen details in either bimmerpost or bimmerfest coding forums, just search and you will find. It should be just one coding line in HU ecu, changing hex value from 25 to a higher figure .

Last edited by MJE60; 04-10-2019 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0