03-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #126
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
MJE60 : when you upgraded the tweeters to HK in the top corners where the exterior mirrors meet the trim, was there wire present to feed the tweeters? Did you buy the speaker cover trims from BMW? Apparently very expensive.
Hi
Yes, I bought BMW oem part HK door trims and they are expensive and the HK tweeters which go inside of them are a separate part. I actually got both parts off eBay seller’s . The HK trims, new part (if buying secondhand then make sure they include the hard foam moulding which fit over the tweeter and provide wire management). The correct HK tweeters will have wiring ready to plug into the door speakers (if HK part, if not you will need y-splitter cable - also off eBay). I have provided pretty comprehensive details, suppliers and part numbers in the recent HK retrofit thread on this forum. The cost for me of new door trims, secondhand HK tweeters and secondhand HK door speakers worked out at approx GB£375 but I was lucky and it could easily have worked out £100 more. I still think it is worth every penny. The door trims alone lift the quality look of the cabin.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-24-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0