Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I'm jealous! I've wanted a P320 for the past couple years when Sig won the contract. I like to practice recreationally so I can score high during qualification, lol.
Plus, I'm a big believer in proficiency with our weapons is important and that can only be accomplished through training.
The US military had to settle on a weapon that as an actual safety selector switch as opposed to the civilian market, where the consumer can choose what safety mechanism works best for them. I'm sure that's why Glock lost out during the test run.
While I'll always support anyone who wears the uniform... I can tell you that not all service members are warriors. Especially in the early stages of their service obligations. That means some may need enhanced mechanical safety measures to avoid mistakes on ranges or in the field.
That's why we can't have nice things, lol. (JK)
I hear ya my brother!!! Retired cop here. I never wanted a safety on my service weapon but appreciate it when not holstered up.

Speaking of not having nice things, my agency was in bed with Smith & Wesson. I had to endure their trash for 25 years

Now I only buy the good $hit
I will say that I love my duty M&P 2.0. It is a solid firearm.

….and yeah, no safeties here and only weapons that can fire with no magazine inserted.

P.S. Thanks for your service. I've got 15-ish to go.
Appreciate 2