View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #21
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

OK, OK, you guys have sufficiently freaked me out. I'm not made for being a landlord. I cant take the pressure!

Seriously though, after a series of very long discussions which took into account all of your guys' awesome advice, we decided not to rent. Instead we will sell the current house and buy a new one that fits our changing needs. The bottom line is that we put our hearts into the existing house. Lovingly and tirelessly resorting it to mid-century-modern glory. Wet tile sawing in sub zero weather, hand sanding and finishing every cabinet door and piece of trim, obsessing over every inch of the place. Handing it over to some schmuck to rent who will NEVER live up to our standards would kill us. The rental contract to protect our baby would be obscene. We realized we are too emotionally attached to the house to stay involved after moving out. Best to sell it to new owners who will in turn love it as much as we have and move on...

New plan is to buy a house that fits our evolving needs and give the economy some time to cool. Wait for the next recession to hit, then pounce and scoop up and small, easily rentable, property that we have no emotional investment in. Oh, and hire a property management company to take care of the dirty details we don't want to be bothered with!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00