12-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #65
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
....this vehicle is designed for a specific market segment!,...most likely it's none of us! However, I like it,...as it looks like a pocket ute!
I agree. I used to be one of "us" (2 Ferrari's, 1 Nissan GTR, 2 911's, can't remember all the Beemers, '65 Shelby GT 350, Healy 100-4, '32 MG F2, MG TC & TD, C-4 Corvette, et al) but now I'm 76 and I'm a customer of the "new" BMW; so I'm now "them". I'll probably buy a plug-in version of this X2 to replace my 330e because it's practical and will probably be very maneuverable in the city, where I will drive it. It would be much more sensible to buy the X1 for the reasons enumerated above, but I like the swoopy looks of the X2, compared to the SUV looks of the X1. The cost difference is like looking at the X6 compared to the X5--same chassis, more or less; but the X6 looks so "fat" that it's ugly to me and so not worth the extra $. I keep my membership to the BMWCCA, even though it's editorial content is of no interest to me any more (too much on the glory days of small BMW's) for the $2K rebate. As the above poster says, the posters on this forum do not represent the new buyers of BMW's; but BMW has probably concluded that there are a lot more of them than there are hard-core BMW owners that are VERY disturbed by BMW's new direction. Now that I'm old and have hung up my helmet and track suit, I find the new direction of BMW to be just my cup of tea. But, I know that I'm not representative of most of the members of this forum. I still like to read what's going on, though; so thank all of you for the contributions
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00