View Single Post
      11-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #48
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Bleh I'll crawl away now having admitted to getting a few things wrong in a single post.
Hopefully I didn't sound harsh. Just wanted to offer clarity. I'm glad you were able to take away some new knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
And you reckon HE was confusing people!!!

BMW are introducing way too many new nomenclatures for their increasing model ranges and it's bound to confuse people!
No doubt the waters are muddied by the proliferation of the M Performance lineup of vehicles. That said, I like BMW's system better than their other German competitors. It's easy to follow once you get it.

Quote:
Apparently the 340i will become M340i with the G20, which I'm sure is just an excuse for them to charge more!! Talk about watering down the 'M' badge!!
Rather than specifically being an excuse to charge more, its an effort to keep up with with the competition. A side affect of that may very well be higher transaction prices though, sure. In any case, its really the market that has spoken - the majority of people who pay for the higher performance engine and chassis want significant differentiation from the base model. The badge, whether we like it or not, placates that crowd. That's the nature of the beast with the luxury car market.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00