View Single Post
      08-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
LeMans335iE92
Banned
Rep
Drives: Shiv's daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Check out priceline and use name your own price. If your downtown area, you might be lucky and start with $80 at the highest star level then cranking the rate up or down according to the star rating.

if you stay near the airport, you should be good getting a hotel for 50-60 bucks @ least 3 stars and then getting a car to drive conveniently to SF. SF to airport is a short 12-15min ride. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoerdr View Post
I second the priceline recommendation. I've regulary gotten 4* in Union Square and Financial District zones for 100-120 after tax & fees. The airport is pretty far South (20min) so I'd recommend getting a room somewhere in downtown if you'll be staying out late. Best deals happen just before you go. I usually bid 5 days out, but sometimes day of. Big discounts during weekends. Usually 5 or 7pm is the cutoff for booking that day.

Don't forget to check out local parking garage rates (yelp, etc) since hotel parking is $40/night usually.

I don't go out much, but I like a cocktail at the Redwood Room at the Clift Hotel, check it out. Marina District & Little Italy (Columbus Ave) have lots of bars. I think the clubs are more in the Mission Dist. Try to avoid the Tenderloin Dist & Market St. if you can, it can get pretty dangerous.

Thanks for the info fellas..

I checked out some reviews on hotels...there are certain parts of SF i should avoid with the hotel? alot of homeless folks and bad neighborhood?

parts of SF i should avoid?
Appreciate 0