View Single Post
      01-03-2023, 11:21 AM   #28
Feddersen
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive25i

My diagnose is osteochondrosis and i have next to no cartilage between the lower vertebras. My back looks like the lower sample:
Name:  osteochondrosis.png
Views: 197
Size:  212.1 KB

In my case it means that instead of the normal s-curve of a spine my spine from the bottom and up is more upright compared to a normal spine. Since I have almost no cartilage in the lower part it also means that I am not that flexible and if I flex too much it ends in pain. Therefore sport seats are the best for me because they fixate me more in the seat and they are also harder. The softer the seat the worse it is because a bumpy road can end up bouncing/flexing me around in the seat. There are also more options for adjusting the seats for the sport seats.

I have had absolutely no back issues caused by the seats at all after almost three years of ownership. I love the electrical seats because you can do micro adjustments of the seats and that is needed about every 3-6 months. Actually I have been driving the car just for relieving back pain. The subtle rumble in the car together with the perfect seat position and heat has often helped me getting rid of the pain. I’d rather drive around and enjoy some nice landscapes for about an hour instead of taking pain killers.

I have the HK sound option and I am also not that impressed. In my old F30 it was way better but it is still better than the hifi option in my F22.