Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I almost bought a CTS VSport. The V series cars are very nice driving vehicles now. I love the exterior looks. There are a few shortcuts on the interior with some plastic and GM parts bin stuff, which is really the only letdown. However, anyone considering buying these new, I'd wait for them to show up used. V series cars depreciate just as bad as other Cadillacs and Fiats.
Think you'll be waiting a long time (probably until ICE cars are banned) for most V cars to depreciate much. First-gen CTS-V and ATS-V is debatable, but otherwise GM performance cars hold their values really well. Anyone been following values for Pontiac G8 (especially the GXP), Chevy SS, second-gen CTS-V (especially manual wagon), 5th gen Camaro Z/28, etc?
You could buy the last ATS-V for $15k off near the end. This isn't likely to change. Sedans have horrible resale and barely sell these days. These will be no different.

CTS-V manual wagons hold their value because there's nothing else like it. The sedans have awful resale in comparison, especially if they have an auto. There's some hope that the manual BW's will be okay because they're likely the last of a breed, but they're also still sedans.
Appreciate 0