View Single Post
      05-07-2016, 05:46 AM   #7
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

Not really sure if it's correct to expect that actual fuel consumption figures will match what's advertised. I haven't been reading carefully lately and maybe am not really updated but can remember when I started having this interest for anything automotive (30+ years ago) that fuel consumption figures (and the standardized tests that produce these figures) were there to compare one car to another (I remember even reading some standard fine print disclaimer to this effect). Meaning that if two robots were to drive two different cars EXACTLY the same way, the tests would allow us to see which one would use more and which one would use less fuel (and maybe by how much). Again, this was ages ago so not sure whether the tests have come a long way since then and are now meant both to compare different cars and to give a good approximation of actual fuel consumption.

The problem with the latter is of course the foot pressing the pedal. Just in my case, no matter how hard I try, my foot is heavier when pressing a pedal connected to an S54 then when pressing one driving a B48!
Appreciate 0