View Single Post
      05-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

It would be great if a set of real RCA plugs were in the stock set-up but I doubt it. Usually stock systems need an adapter/sound processor to hook the stock system and the new amps up to.
Like JL Audios Cleansweep factory sound processor for $299. Then you can add multiple amps for the mains and subs. I don't think the shallow subs under the seats could handle much more power than what comes from the factory. I am sure the 2-8" underseat subs have small magnet/voicecoils. If you want real bass you need a heavy box/MDF with some real woofers. As for the factory 4" mid/woofers and tweeters you could probably get a bigger/clean amp for them to add a few more dB's. You would need to spend quite a bit of cash to do any real improvement over the Premium Hi-Fi system. If I had $3k+ I would replace all the speakers and get high power/low efficiency 4" mid/woofs and tweeters and at least 1-10" JL audio sub for the trunk. Then you need to get a monster battery, maybe a bigger alternator, and a 1 farad cap. Replace all the wires, etc. TOO much work and $$$ for me IMO.
Appreciate 0