05-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #33
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
^Honestly, we have a '10 C4S with PDK and I find it disappointing. The engine really just doesn't do anything for me. We had an 04 and then an 07 GT3 and they were infinitely more fun to drive than the C4S. I don't know if it's just the combo of this engine and the PDK, but it's just kinda boring. I haven't driven a GTS, but it's the same engine, so I might be making assumptions, but the PDK with the 3.8 just isn't very exciting.
The GTS is rwd and has a 20hp bump over the S. The former will make it much more fun to drive and the latter will make it a bit faster. My father's good friend is a Porsche nut (collects everything from CGTs to 935 racers to vintage speedsters and restores 911 SC's and older for fun and even owned and raced a GT3 Cup in Grand Am) and the guy uses a GTS as his DD. Last time I saw him, he raved about how perfectly it met the need for people who loved the C2S but wanted a bit more. Pretty sure he has over 10K miles on it by now.