View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #34
Forspe_13
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisly View Post
For past one month my 2016 X1 sdrive 18d started to hesitate and jerk to change gear when on low rpms, now I read here that it could be EGR valve. On higher rpms all is good. This happens in comfort mode. My scheduled service is in 6 moths, so I am not sure can I wait till then to check this or should go to service earlier. I have 50 000 km. If it is EGR valve, do I pay for it, how much does it cost aproximately or BMW covers the cost? Till January 2021 I have one more free service check and oil change from 5 year free service package.
I drive the car about 3 weeks with defective EGR, even try to use premium diesel, which improve a bit, may be it was just my feeling, in general i cant say how long you will manage, first i have problem bwt 4-5 gear on AT, after problem also progress to 2nd gear when you pull at slow RPM, consumption was also higher, also notice that on high way was not easy to keep steady speed, was required to play with pedal to adjust it, in general i was able to drive still, but since my warranty will end up soon, i decided to approach service, may be try to claim that it is common problem, at least they should do discount, i did with my MINI Cooper when it was clear from forum that every second car of first generation have a problem with hydr pump for steering
Appreciate 0