01-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
marinb
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
Why switch to the rubber antenna? Just looks? I'm going to buy one.
I originally switched to the short antenna because I was using the car cover a lot and I didn't want to unscrew the antenna every time I wanted to use the car cover. 3" or less works best with the car cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
oh yea, that antenna 65-20-2-179-726, is that what's currently pictured above?
Yes, the one in the picture is the 4" OEM BMW antenna.

Quote:
Why spacers on the front wheels? To widen the track?
Just like 03BeastCharmer said, the offsets on the ZCP wheels are not the same as the stock wheels. ZCP wheels without spacers fit -5mm on the front and +9mm on the rear. Adding 12mm to the front gives me +7mm on the front, which looks a lot better.

Quote:
Do the first ait kit drawers provide a little extra space? Or are you just using them for finish asthetics? Same part numbers for drivers and passengers side? It would be nice to squeeze my sunglass case somewhere.
I use both first aid storage boxes to store random stuff. The Z4 really lacks storage space, especially with that tiny glove box. The same part numbers work for either side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbanick View Post
Quick request, can you post a pic of where you mounted the Sirius antenna.
I wanted to do the upgrade but do not want to mount it on the exterior - so i opted not to make the purchase. Any issues with reception?
I think mhughett did a great job describing the satellite antenna location, a picture wouldn't help much. My cable is routed differently, it goes: bulkhead area, up the passenger side B pillar, inside the roof lining, down the passenger side A pillar, then along the windshield to the center of the dash. No issues with reception other than the typical satellite reception issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
how and where were you able to snag an intravee 2? those have been sold out for a long time and i've been looking for months now but no luck!
I didn't realize they were sold out. I bought mine from bimmernav.com a couple of years ago. It works great especially with the new 6.0 firmware.
Appreciate 0