Thread: Recall notice
View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #40
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Yes definitely! I have the morning off for kid duty so I tore open the intake. First of all... For just under 4k on the clock, that pre filter you found is really Dusty/dirty! Looking at the whole intake system there is first a filtering mesh built into the scoops from the radiator for large things.. Then there's that pre filter. I'm sure when I get an open air cone I'll have to debate blocking off or putting a cotton mesh in the air intake to stop all the crap from dirtying my engine bay. Also I further took apart the air intake and investigated that little circle you posted up about a little while ago. I complete disassembled it and it's actually a "relief valve". This literally goes outside the air intake box to the engine bay, not attached to anything. The valve opens from the engine bay into the intake. My only assumption is that if for some reason the intake can't pull enough air from the radiator side it will pull it from that tiny hole. I've never seen anything like it on any air box. I also bet that if I get a metal pipe from the intake to the air filter it would sound great. However, they use those funky clamps on the intake side and that would be difficult to take off. We'll see.. I've been slowly looking around for more sound
Appreciate 0