Thread: Recall notice
View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #31
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Haha I did "ask for something cool" but the X3 is actually not too bad after driving it for a few days. It's the 30i engine but it does feel pretty decent considering the size of the X3. The pedal feel including the brake pedal is something more refined. As you know I've complained that the brakes were too touchy on the X2 and the throttle is either too twitchy or a dead spot. Overall they did a better job on this X3 driveability.. but it is their flagship selling suv afterall. I was thinking maybe the M brakes make it more touchy but I also feel the wife's X1 brakes were a little too touchy as well (and hers is msport, but nothing special brake wise it's all appearance).

I noticed a few more things: The idrive had a lot more options even in the stripped out tiny screen. For example it has "xdrive" monitoring that shows the yaw and pitch of the car. Neat little thing. The pedestrian detection seems ages better and also notifies of cross traffic etc although it might be related to the blind spot. It beeps/warns me a lot more which is a little bit annoying, but I figured if any of the features are triggered it might be "safer?"

Also it has automatically tightening seatbelts which is funky. I have been in the newer 3 series cars that had it, I thought it was related to sports mode but it just gives you a little tug when you hit like 5mph.

Last edited by rice_rocket88; 09-13-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0